The institution runs 147 branches and covers about 98% of the country's villages. As of 31 December 2015, AMK services 327,573 borrowers, 82% of which are female and 96% are in rural areas. The gross loan portfolio is USD 128 million. Formerly financed by Hivos-Triodos Fund, it is now being financed jointly by Triodos Fair Share Fund and the Triodos Sustainable Finance Foundation, Triodos Microfinance Fund has provided a subordinated loan to AMK to continue be an innovative player in Cambodia and to broaden its product range in the coming years.
KEY INDICATORS 31 December 2015:
- number of loan clients: 327,573
- percentage female clients: 82%
- percentage rural clients: 96%
- average loan amount: EUR 361
- number of savings clients: 163,680